SMS (short message service) marketing, consists of using text messaging as a means of marketing to current and potential customers. While this form of marketing is an excellent tool for many types of businesses, it is especially well-suited to restaurants.
Text message marketing is simple and inexpensive way for restaurants to increase customer loyalty and revenue. There are several reasons why any restaurant should consider SMS marketing:
- Texts are popular: Nearly 75% of Americans send and receive text messages regularly. In the 18-24 age group, that number rises to 96%!
- Texts are read: 97% of texts are read vs. 10% of marketing emails. There is no other form of marketing with a higher open rate.
- Texts are instant: 90% of texts are read within 3 minutes. Obviously, this is much quicker than both e-mail and traditional snail mail. This means that customers can be reached instantly. This can be vital during slow periods of the day.
- Texts are inexpensive: Text marketing campaigns can run for as little as $0.01 per text. That means 1,000 customers can be reached for as little as $10!
What types of things would a restaurant text to customers?
- Discounts: Short-term deals can relayed to customers instantly. “Free drinks with any pizza purchase.”
- Coupons: Coupons are a great way to get existing customers to come back or to entice new customers.
- Weekly Specials: Is the chef whipping up something special this week?
- Events: Special events such as musical guests can be relayed to your customer base.
SMS marketing is an excellent tool for restaurants to reach customers quickly, effectively, and inexpensively. Utilize text marketing for your business and watch your business grow.