UPDATE – April 13, 2021
- Bandwidth V2 Migration – This has been a common request since Bandwidth had moved over to their V2 API. Previously we were only integrated with Bandwidth’s V1 API and they have since moved to V2. We are now fully migrated over using Bandwidth’s V2 API for both SMS and voice features in the platform.
- Toll-Free Numbers Only Option – We have now added an option when rotating through your numbers when sending bulk SMS, to only choose your toll-free numbers to rotate through. This will only use your toll-free numbers when sending and exclude all your local long codes. When sending bulk SMS to US and Canadian numbers, it’s always best to send from your toll-free numbers only since they are intended for A2P traffic and allow for a higher rate of sending and greater deliverability.
- Added Outbound MMS to 2-Way SMS Chat – You now can send outbound MMS from the 2-way SMS chat module. Previously you could only send outbound SMS and if you wanted to send outbound MMS, you had to do it through the bulk SMS module.
- Add Non-Contacts to Default Group on Incoming Non-Keyword Texts – If any non-contact texts in any non-keyword text, they will now be automatically added to a default group. You can then respond to them inside the 2-way SMS chat module. Previously you could only respond to them via the incoming SMS logs or add them manually before responding to them via the SMS chat. This makes is much easier to manage all 2-way communications inside one module.
- Merge Groups Feature – You now have the ability to merge 1 group of contacts into another group. For example, you can merge anyone that gets automatically added to the default group above into another group you send SMS to on a regular basis.
- Added Incoming Fax with Telnyx – We have now added incoming fax capability when using Telnyx. Previously you could only send outbound fax with Telnyx since they didn’t yet have incoming fax capability. They have since added this feature and we have now added that as well to the platform.
- Sub-Accounts on Twilio and Plivo – When a new user account is created inside the platform, it will now create a matching sub-account inside Twilio and Plivo with the username of the account created. Sub-accounts in Twilio and Plivo are a great way to separate different groups of numbers and usage on your project. Each sub-account has its own numbers and usage reporting which makes billing each customer/account very easy for their own usage if you wanted to bill them outside of the platform in a post-paid billing model rather than pre-paid module.
- Check file MIME type – Added additional verification on all file uploads whether it be for MMS image uploads, voicemail greeting file uploads, voice broadcast file uploads, fax file uploads, etc…to check the file MIME type making sure the correct file type is being uploaded. Previously it was checking the file extension, but checking the file MIME type provides additional security.
IMPORTANT: This will require the server have the “Fileinfo” PHP extension installed. Some servers will have this installed by default, while others you will need to install/enable this extension.
- Added Country Code on Web Sign-Up Widget – Added phone country code on web sign-up widget form which is now consistent with the add contact form and when uploading contacts.