Marketing campaigns are often only thought of in relation to big businesses that are looking to sell their products to a mass audience. What often isn’t considered are the needs of different industries that require a unique set of tools to better reach out to their customers.
One such industry is real estate, which certainly can’t be popped on the end of your standard bulk marketing campaigns. Generating real estate leads needs special marketing, designed to capture the attention of a different kind of customer base.
There are multiple marketing campaigns that can be used to achieve this, but there is one that REALLY stands out amongst mobile marketing – SMS marketing. This marketing tool is as diverse as they come, being flexible enough to deliver an expert service, no matter which industry is being targeted.
So, what makes text message marketing the only way to generate good leads in real estate? The first reason involves a closer look at the unique demands of the real estate market.
The Demands of Real Estate Marketing
In 2017 alone, 5.51 million homes were sold in the US. This immense number is almost matched year after year, with 5.5 million sales projected for 2018 and 5.67 million sales projected for 2019. There is no denying that this is a massive market with a very large customer-base.
Not only do realtors have to target those people selling their homes, but those buying, and those considering buying. This opens the market up even further, meaning that real estate leads truly is big business.
Marketing to generate leads in real estate comes with certain demands, including:
- The need for information to be received quickly
- Ability to send pictures
- Ease of communication
- Marketing for sellers and buyers
- Large geographical reach
- Large consumer reach
- Personalised marketing
- Straightforward scheduling
- Easy to use customer experience
Real estate lead generation marketing needs to be able to reach every age group, many demographics, be easy to manage on a daily basis, and provide extensive information while still being appealing.
So, how does SMS marketing stand up to the immense task of real estate lead generation?
The Benefits of SMS as a Leading Mobile Marketing Strategy
The unique capabilities of SMS marketing are well-known for their adaptability through different industries, from text marketing for daycares to marketing for contractors. The best way to understand why this form of marketing is the only way to generate real estate leads, is to take a look at some of the best benefits of SMS marketing that are vital in real estate marketing:
- Extensive Reach – Reach is critical in real estate marketing, both geographical and platform reach. As there is a larger number of mobiles in the world than there is people; with 511 billion devices across the globe (and counting!), user reach is pretty well covered. In terms of geographical reach, SMS marketing lets a realtor connect with anyone on their subscriber list at any time, no matter where they are.
- Contact Control – Keeping track of potential buyers and sellers, and active buyers and sellers, is a crucial part of good lead generation. You need to know whose interested in buying or selling, and who is actively looking for a property. The ease of contact control means that staying on top of subscribers is never an issue.
- Instant Information – Buying that dream house very often comes down to speed. Buyers want to know that they are getting the latest information about new houses as soon as possible. SMS marketing offers the ability to send information instantly. You can get important information straight to your potential buyers, and make sure you always get the best chance of generating a lead.
- Simple Scheduling – Just like with contact control, scheduling needs to be well-maintained in real estate. With SMS messaging, you can easily stay on top of your scheduling, and prepare marketing months in advance when needed. If you know that a new property is about to come on the market, you can get everything ready to release the information at the right time.
- 2-Way Chat – One of the best features of SMS messaging is 2-way chat. Being able to answer questions, provide additional information, and chase up potential leads quickly, can make all the difference with potential buyers looking for a quick purchase.
- Picture Messaging – No property listing is complete without a good picture (or multiple pictures!). While picture messaging technically falls under the category of MMS, it can easily be incorporated into a full SMS marketing campaign – giving you the best of both worlds.
- Appointment Reminders – Once you’ve landed some leads through text marketing, you need to be able to keep track of them, and importantly, make sure your clients can too. Whether it’s to inform the seller of a showing or to remind a buyer about a booked viewing, the appointment reminders application through SMS marketing software is invaluable!
SMS Marketing as Part of a Full Marketing Campaign
While SMS marketing can work alone, it works much better as part of a full campaign; with the ability to also improve other elements of your campaign. Having that direct access to your subscribers can really enhance your overall campaign, giving one quick route to get bursts of essential information through.
The sheer visibility makes it incredibly well-suited to the fast-paced work of real estate. You need to get information across rapidly and that’s what text message marketing does better than any other marketing campaign.
Is SMS marketing the only way to generate leads in the mobile marketing category?
It has taken the best elements from all types of mobile marketing and pieced them expertly together to create a comprehensive service that can do everything you need. With the right SMS marketing software, you’re always getting the best of mobile marketing, right from one easy-to-use platform.
If you want to take your real estate business to the next level and offer your customers a better experience, SMS real estate marketing is the way to do it.